Temples and Mangroves: A Cultural and Ecological Odyssey in Odisha
Package price On Request
Product Code : AGORA264
Embark on a journey through Odisha's rich cultural and ecological heritage with our "Temples and Mangroves" tour. Explore the famous temples of Bhubaneswar, including Lingaraj, Mukteswara, and Rajarani. Immerse yourself in the ancient Buddhist rock-cut caves and white peace pagoda at Dhauli. Discover the diverse flora and fauna of Bhitarkanika National Park on a boat safari, and visit the remote and mystical village of Dangmal. This tour offers a unique blend of cultural and ecological experiences.
Day 1: Bhubaneswar
On arrival at Bhubaneswar airport, you will be welcomed by our representative who will escort you to your hotel. After check-in and freshening up, we will begin our sightseeing tour of Bhubaneswar, known as the "City of Temples." We will visit some of the famous temples including Lingaraj Temple, Mukteswara Temple, and Rajarani Temple. We will also visit Dhauli, a hill with ancient Buddhist rock-cut caves and a white peace pagoda.
Day 2: Bhubaneswar - Bhitaraknika (160kms)
After breakfast, we will drive to Bhitarakanika National Park, which is a wetland ecosystem located in Kendrapara district of Odisha. Enroute, we will visit Lalitgiri, Ratnagiri, and Udaigiri, famous for Jain and Buddhist monasteries. After exploring the historical sites, we will continue our journey to Bhitaraknika. Upon arrival, check-in at your hotel and relax.
Day 3: Bhitaraknika
After breakfast, we will proceed for the Bhitarkanika Wildlife Sanctuary boat safari. This mangrove forest is home to several species of flora and fauna, including saltwater crocodiles, kingfishers, and monitor lizards. We will take a motorboat that carries tourists to the interiors of the national park, passing through the dense mangrove forest. Later, we will visit Dangmal, a place that can only be approached by waterways, and the entry point of Bhitarkanika National Park.
Day 4: Bhitaraknika - Bhubaneswar
After breakfast, we will check out of the hotel and drive back to Bhubaneswar. You will be dropped off at the airport for your onward journey.
- Assistance on arrival at airport.
- 3 Nights' accommodation in selected price category hotels.
- All Meals starting from 1st day tinner to last day breakfast.
- Private AC car/van for airport transfers, sightseeing, and excursions as per the program.
- English speaking tour guide on sightseeing days (local guide in each city), as per program.
- Full day boat safari in Bhitarkanika Wildlife Sanctuary
- Monument entrances and activities charges mentioned in the itinerary.
- Bottled drinking water in car.
- Government taxes.
Hotels used or similar for 3 nights accommodation
Bhubaneswar x 1 nights
3* - Kalinga Ashok/ The HHI
4* - Fortune Park Sishmo/ Mayfair Convention
5* - Mayfair Lagoon/ Trident Hotel
Bhitarkanika x 2 night
3* / 4* & 5* - Nature Camp Bhitarkanika Retreat/ Estuarine Village Resort Bhitarkanika
- Any flight tickets.
- Camera charges at monuments if any.
- Meals other than mentioned in the inclusions.
- Expenses of personal nature like liquor, laundry, tips, telephone, fax, internet etc.
- Gratuities and optional activities.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions.