Edinburgh City Break
Package price On Request
Product Code : AGORA846
Embark on a private Edinburgh City Break tour and immerse yourself in the captivating allure of Scotland's historic capital. Explore the cobbled streets of the Royal Mile, visit the majestic Edinburgh Castle, and climb Arthur's Seat for breathtaking views. Delve into the city's rich history, vibrant culture, and culinary delights as you indulge in Scottish cuisine. With a customized itinerary and knowledgeable guide, experience the essence of Edinburgh on a private tour that promises an unforgettable adventure.
Day 1: Arrival in Edinburgh and Introduction to the City
Upon your arrival at Edinburgh Airport, you will be warmly greeted by a driver who will provide a comfortable transfer to your hotel in the heart of the city. Check-in at the hotel and take some time to relax and settle in.
In the afternoon, embark on an introductory walking tour of Edinburgh to get acquainted with its historic charm. Begin by strolling along the iconic Royal Mile, a bustling street that stretches from Edinburgh Castle to the Palace of Holyroodhouse. Admire the medieval architecture, browse through the charming shops, and soak up the lively atmosphere.
Continue your exploration with a visit to the majestic Edinburgh Castle, perched atop an ancient volcanic rock. Learn about the castle's fascinating history, enjoy breathtaking views of the city, and marvel at the glittering Crown Jewels.
Conclude the day with a delightful dinner at a traditional Scottish restaurant, where you can savor local specialties such as haggis, smoked salmon, or cranachan.
Day 2: Historic Sites and Panoramic Views
After a delicious breakfast at the hotel, embark on a full day of exploration in Edinburgh.
Begin by climbing Arthur's Seat, an extinct volcano that offers panoramic views of the city and its surroundings. Enjoy a scenic hike to the summit and take in the breathtaking vistas, capturing memorable photos along the way.
Next, delve into the city's history with a visit to the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official residence of the Queen in Scotland. Explore the grand state apartments, stroll through the beautiful gardens, and learn about the royal history of Scotland.
In the afternoon, take some time to explore the vibrant and artistic neighborhood of Stockbridge. Wander through its charming streets, browse through the independent boutiques, and relax at a cozy café.
Day 3: Cultural Gems and Departure
After breakfast, continue your Edinburgh city break with a visit to the National Museum of Scotland. Discover a treasure trove of exhibits, showcasing the country's history, art, and natural wonders. From ancient artifacts to interactive displays, the museum offers a fascinating journey through Scotland's past.
Next, explore the picturesque Dean Village, nestled on the Water of Leith. Admire the well-preserved 19th-century buildings, stroll along the riverside paths, and soak up the peaceful ambiance.
Conclude your Edinburgh city break with a visit to the charming Grassmarket area. Explore the vibrant shops, enjoy a traditional pub lunch, and soak up the lively atmosphere.
Later, check out of your hotel and bid farewell to Edinburgh. Your departure transfer will be arranged to take you from the hotel to Edinburgh Airport, ensuring a smooth and convenient end to your city break.
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure
- Accommodation in a centrally located hotel
- Daily breakfast at the hotel from day 2 onward
- Private guided tours of Edinburgh's top attractions, including the Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle, and Arthur's Seat
- Expert local guide providing historical and cultural insights
- Visit to the Palace of Holyroodhouse and National Museum of Scotland
- Exploration of charming neighborhoods like Stockbridge and Grassmarket
- Recommendations for dining options and Scottish cuisine
- Assistance with restaurant reservations
- Personalized itinerary tailored to your interests and preferences
- All taxes and service charges
- Flights to and from Edinburgh
- Meals and beverages (other than breakfast)
- Entrance fees to additional attractions or museums not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses such as souvenirs, shopping, and tips
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Any other item not specifically mentioned as included