Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour: Kushinagar and Lumbini
Package price On Request
Product Code : AGORA772
The Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour: Kushinagar and Lumbini takes you on a journey through the heart of Buddhism, exploring the ancient sites where the Buddha once lived and taught. Visit the holy town of Kushinagar, where the Buddha attained Mahaparinirvana, and the birthplace of the Buddha in Lumbini, Nepal. Discover the rich cultural and spiritual heritage of these sacred places, while experiencing the local culture and traditions. Join us on this unforgettable journey of self-discovery and spiritual renewal.
Day 1: Arrive Gorakhpur - Kushinagar (50kms)
Upon your arrival at Gorakhpur airport, our representative will greet you and transfer you to your hotel in Kushinagar. After checking in and freshening up, spend the day at your leisure.
Day 2: Kushinagar – Lumbini (180kms)
After breakfast, start your day with a visit to the Mahaparinirvana Temple, where Lord Buddha passed away. This temple houses a 6-meter-long statue of Lord Buddha in a reclining position. Next, visit the Ramabhar Stupa, also known as the Mukutbandhan Chaitya, which marks the cremation site of Lord Buddha. Later, visit the beautiful Japanese Temple and the Kushinagar Museum.
In the afternoon, drive to Lumbini, the birthplace of Lord Buddha. Check into your hotel and relax for the rest of the evening.
Day 3: Lumbini
After breakfast, start your day with a visit to the Mayadevi Temple, which marks the exact spot where Lord Buddha was born. This temple houses a beautiful statue of the infant Buddha and is surrounded by gardens and ponds. Next, visit the Ashoka Pillar, which was erected by Emperor Ashoka in 249 BC to commemorate his pilgrimage to Lumbini. You can also visit the Lumbini Museum to learn more about the history of the area.
In the afternoon, explore the monasteries and temples located in the Lumbini complex. These include the beautiful Myanmar Temple, the Chinese Temple, the Korean Temple, and the Thai Temple, among others.
Day 4: Lumbini - Gorakhpur (135kms)
After breakfast, check out from your hotel and our representative will drop you off at Gorakhpur airport for your onward journey.
- Assistance on arrival at airport.
- 3 Nights' accommodation in selected price category hotels.
- Daily breakfast at hotels.
- Private AC car/van for airport transfers, sightseeing, and excursions as per the program.
- English speaking tour guide on sightseeing days (local guide in each city), as per program.
- Monument entrances and activities charges mentioned in the itinerary.
- Bottled drinking water in car.
- Government taxes.
Hotels used or similar for 3 nights accommodation
Kushinagar x 1 nights
3* - The Imperial/ Hotel Sidharth Inn
4* - The Royal Residency/ Lotus Nikko Hotel
Lumbini x 2 nights
3* - Hotel Nirvana/ Lumbini Bamboo Resort
4* - Buddha Maya Hotel/ Lumbini Hokke Hotel
- Any flight fare.
- Nepal VISA fees USD 30 (subject to change)
- Camera charges at monuments if any.
- Meals other than mentioned in inclusions.
- Expenses of personal nature like liquor, laundry, tips, telephone, fax, internet etc.
- Gratuities and optional activities.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions.