Aurangabad, Ajanta and Ellora Caves Tour
Package price On Request
Product Code : AGORA75
Explore the rich cultural heritage of Maharashtra with our private "Aurangabad, Ajanta, and Ellora Caves Tour". Discover the ancient Ajanta Caves, known for their impressive rock-cut temples and exquisite frescoes. Visit the magnificent Ellora Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with 34 caves, including some of the largest monolithic structures in the world. Experience the city of Aurangabad, a gateway to many of Maharashtra's famous historical sites and monuments.
Day 1: Arrive Aurangabad
Upon your arrival at the airport, our representative will assist you and transfer you to your hotel.
After freshening up, you'll start your city tour of Aurangabad. Visit the Bibi Ka Maqbara, a mausoleum that resembles the Taj Mahal and was built by Emperor Aurangzeb in memory of his wife. You'll also visit the Aurangabad Caves, a group of 12 Buddhist caves dating back to the 6th and 7th centuries, and the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Museum, which houses a collection of artifacts related to the Maratha Empire.
Day 2: Aurangabad - Ajanta - Aurangabad (210kms round)
After breakfast at the hotel, you will embark on an excursion to Ajanta Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage site known for its rock-cut Buddhist cave monuments and exquisite ancient Indian art. Ajanta Caves comprise of around 30 rock-cut caves that are believed to have been built during the 2nd century BCE to the 6th century CE. Marvel at the intricate carvings, murals, and sculptures that adorn the walls and ceilings of these caves, depicting the life and teachings of Buddha. After exploring the caves, you will return to Aurangabad for an overnight stay.
Day 3: Aurangabad - Ellora Caves - Daulatabad Fort / Departure
After breakfast at the hotel, you'll check out and proceed on a drive to Ellora Caves. These caves are another UNESCO World Heritage Site and feature a mix of Buddhist, Hindu, and Jain temples and monasteries carved out of the rocks. You'll also visit the Grishneshwar Temple, one of the 12 Jyotirlinga shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva, and the Daulatabad Fort, a 14th-century hill fort that offers breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
In the evening, you'll be transferred to the airport for your flight to Mumbai, where you'll be dropped off at your hotel or the airport.
- Assistance on arrival at airport.
- 2 Nights' accommodation in selected price category hotels.
- Daily breakfast at hotels.
- Private AC car/van for airport transfers, sightseeing, and excursions as per the program.
- English speaking tour guide on sightseeing days (local guide in each city), as per program.
- Monument entrances and activities charges mentioned in the itinerary.
- Bottled drinking water in car.
- Government taxes.
Hotels used or similar for 2 nights accommodation
Aurangabad x 2 nights
4* - Ambassador Ajanta / VITS Hotel
5* - WelcomHotel Rama International / Lemon Tree Hotel
- Any flight tickets.
- Camera charges at monuments if any.
- Meals other than mentioned in the inclusions.
- Expenses of personal nature like liquor, laundry, tips, telephone, fax, internet etc.
- Gratuities and optional activities.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions.